- Screw the US media. From now on I’m getting all my news from BBC.
- I haven’t knit in a week and I’m getting cranky.
- The current state of our politics doesn’t make me embarrassed to be an American, it makes me embarrassed that we have the political system we do that allows this to happen.
- The President-Elect is acting like a nasty little boy who runs into his mother’s dinner party and takes great joy in overturning everybody’s drinks and smashing all the dishes knowing that nobody will reprimand him.
- Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful and I’m taking my time decorating for Christmas.
- Turkey croquettes made with leftover stuffing is an amazing thing.
- This was the first time we’ve ever had leftover stuffing.
- The turkey soup was damn good, too.
- Why does putting on a pair of black tights make me feel like I weight 20 pounds less?
- If I didn’t have tea, I think I would be a much more unstable person. And that is saying a lot right there.
This was my living room at 7:30 this morning. Kind of how I feel.
1. Boilers (or furnaces, I don’t really know if there’s a difference but it means my house is cold) are not fun things to spend a whack of cash on. Ask me how I know.
2. Neither are taxes. Again, ask.
3. Fun things are yarn, lunches out, and travel. None of which is happening with my wallet now.
4. 2048 is a HUGE time-suck.
5. April is weird. Time to do ALL the gardening, apparently, but the ground is still too cold. So should I plant cold-weather things? Like pansies and peas? But peas should have been planted on St. Patrick’s day. But the ground was frozen. I’m so confused.
6. Tea solves everything.
7. There is a direct correlation between the amount of sarcasm I employed and the fact that I am not employed. I assume this means once my audience is gone, I am less sarcastic. What does that say about me?
8. I didn’t have to report for jury duty, even though this was one time I didn’t want to get out of it. The only time I actually showed up at a courthouse my girls were very young and I announced I had to leave by 2:00 to pick them up from school. The man behind the desk (which was really a folding table) looked at me oddly and said I couldn’t leave. I looked at him oddly and said if I didn’t pick up my kids from school, the very same courthouse would be arresting me for child neglect and endangerment, so what did he suggest I do? He curled his lip and told me I was dismissed. I wonder if that’s why I’ve never been selected again.
9. Luna bars make a satisfying breakfast, in that I don’t have to think about anything. I love breakfast but don’t like to make it.
10. Flurrious broke my heart, but I might forgive her. Especially when the soup arrives.