1. It’s sweat weather again, so I’m happily hibernating inside.
2. Unless I have to go out, which I did when I went food shopping.
3. It’s funny how you can predict the way people will navigate a car the way they navigate their shopping carts. Maybe funny is the wrong word.
4. Why do sponges require so much room on the supermarket shelf? Can there really be that many varieties and magical qualities that deem such disparate price structures? We’re talking about washing dishes, not engineering a space shuttle.
5. I remembered to buy bird seed for the outdoor feeder. This should make the birds happy, because they’ve been perching on top of the empty feeder and nonchalantly throwing an accusatory and hurt look through the windows at me.
6. It should also make the chipmunks happy.
7. Someone told me it’s good to have chipmunks because it means you won’t have mice since they’re mortal enemies and chipmunks always scare away mice. What they didn’t tell me is chipmunks make more elaborate tunnel systems than the entire Stalag 17 enactment. I think my foundation is beginning to sink.
8. Last night I stood outside and watched the fireflies. Except that I call them lightning bugs even though fireflies sounds more descriptive and romantic.
9. I went outside because I had a lot on my mind (still do) and it was rather enchanting to watch all the blinking and twinkling among the trees and bushes, until I remembered that it’s nothing more than a bug booty call.
10. I wonder how lightning bugs do with chipmunks.