1. Boilers (or furnaces, I don’t really know if there’s a difference but it means my house is cold) are not fun things to spend a whack of cash on. Ask me how I know.
2. Neither are taxes. Again, ask.
3. Fun things are yarn, lunches out, and travel. None of which is happening with my wallet now.
4. 2048 is a HUGE time-suck.
5. April is weird. Time to do ALL the gardening, apparently, but the ground is still too cold. So should I plant cold-weather things? Like pansies and peas? But peas should have been planted on St. Patrick’s day. But the ground was frozen. I’m so confused.
6. Tea solves everything.
7. There is a direct correlation between the amount of sarcasm I employed and the fact that I am not employed. I assume this means once my audience is gone, I am less sarcastic. What does that say about me?
8. I didn’t have to report for jury duty, even though this was one time I didn’t want to get out of it. The only time I actually showed up at a courthouse my girls were very young and I announced I had to leave by 2:00 to pick them up from school. The man behind the desk (which was really a folding table) looked at me oddly and said I couldn’t leave. I looked at him oddly and said if I didn’t pick up my kids from school, the very same courthouse would be arresting me for child neglect and endangerment, so what did he suggest I do? He curled his lip and told me I was dismissed. I wonder if that’s why I’ve never been selected again.
9. Luna bars make a satisfying breakfast, in that I don’t have to think about anything. I love breakfast but don’t like to make it.
10. Flurrious broke my heart, but I might forgive her. Especially when the soup arrives.