1. I am hard-pressed to identify my favorite color. It’s green, but almost everything I wear is burgundy/dark red/maroon. So is my car. So was my last car. My eyes are always drawn to blue, even though my eyes are green. Full circle!
2. Same with food. I am in a monogamous relationship with potatoes. Until pasta comes along, then I totally cheat on potatoes. But when popcorn comes a-knockin’ I’m a slut. Apparently “p” is my favorite letter in the food alphabet. Yes, that means you, too, pretzels.
3. I love knitting, but lately I’m reading more about knitting than doing the actual knitting. Must ponder this. Need snacks to ponder. Any suggestions? Anyone else notice ponder starts with “p”?
4. The Bloggess is the funniest site I’ve ever read. I went all the way back to the beginning and I’m up to December of 2008. I was actually crying with laughter this morning at the thought of dead hobo fingers in her bra.
5. Which doesn’t start with “p”.
6. Why do so many people say the Winter Olympics are boring? I find the summer Olympics akin to watching golf coverage with the quiet whispers and the finger applause. Dive, dive, dive, splash, splash, splash. Run, run, run, chest heave, chest heave, chest heave. Winter has ice skating! Ski jumping! And most importantly it has ICE HOCKEY. To gear up, we’re going to watch “Miracle” tonight. Maybe one of us will lose a tooth.
7. After the long slog of snow shoveling yesterday I made oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and it was sublime. Today I didn’t have to shovel any snow (let us pause for a silent prayer of thankfulness) and I made oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and it was yukky. Do I have to do manual labor for food to taste good?
8. I just re-read number 2 and clearly the answer to number 7 is “of course not, dodo.”
9. The whole world likes Tex-Mex or Mexican or Southwestern food and I hate it beyond all passion. I realize that may offend some people. It’s okay, go ahead and hate on my p-words, I understand. (That totally doesn’t sound right. At all.)
10. Why is Candy Crush on my iPad on a different level than the Candy Crush on my laptop? Don’t these guys talk to each other?
11. Picture time: